Welcome! I’m Margaret, owner of this small corner of the internet! I’m a lover of wearing many hats, including photography, video production, education, branding, and content creation. I love a good analytics dive as well as good visioncasting session. I’m a stickler for details, and I’m passionate about marketing strategies to cultivate your brand. I’d love to help you in any of those above strategies to fit your needs.
The quote below really sums up my philosophy – it’s by one of my favorite authors, Ann Voskamp (check her out when you have some time). I try to give grace by the bucket-load. I believe relentless in the pursuit of truth. I’m currently working towards a PhD with the hopes of entering into academia to pass on my passions to future students. However, I don’t think I’ll ever leave content creation full time – I just love it too much! I also believe resolutely in holiness, and running wholeheartedly after Jesus, the son of God. I’d love to get to know you, and hopefully we can create a working relationship. Let’s connect and start collaborating!
“…be radical about grace and relentless about truth and resolute about holiness…”
July 2020 – Present
Instructor, Department of Communication
NC State University
Jan 2018 – Present
Adjunct Professor, Department of Communication Studies
May 2017 – Present
• My heart belongs to Jesus. He, first and foremost, knows me, loves me, and accepts me for who I am. I am unapologetically a passionate believer in the Gospel, and it has absolutely shaped the course of my life.
• I’m a lover of coffeehouses but not coffee. You can find me sitting in a coffeeshop often, but I’ll never drink the stuff! My preferred caffeination is Coke Zero, but if I find myself in a local place, I’ll often pick up an iced chai latte or a hot cocoa to satisfy my thirst!
• I’ve traveled extensively (4 continents and counting), but my favorite place and heart and soul is in Southern Africa. In my spare time, I manage the media for a nonprofit based in the small African nation of Eswatini. Many of the photos on this site were taken in Africa. To learn more about the Swaziland Partnership, please visit their website.
• I’m a HUGE theater junkie. I’m actually a season ticket holder at the Durham Performing Arts Center and you can often find me taking in a show or listening to a musical soundtrack! Some favorites: Hamilton (me and everyone else, right?), Wicked, Mamma Mia, and Anastasia.
• One of my favorite pastimes is writing (hence the blog), but I often edit my friends resumes. I’ve jokingly been called the professional resume writer of our friend group. It’s a title I’m actually quite proud to hold!
• If this kind of things actually exists, I think I was a well loved Golden Retriever in a past life! 🙂 I’m a huge lover of dogs, but not in my own season of life yet! If you have a dog to share, please let me know, I’d love to hang out!
2020 – [ant.] 2024
Doctor of Philosophy, NC State University
Communication, Rhetoric, & Digital Media
2016 – 2017
Masters of Arts, Elon University
Bachelor of Arts, Campbell University
Communication Studies, Broadcasting & Electronic Media
Minor in Religion
I’d love to work with you on cultivating your branding or project. Drop a note below and let’s get started!